You agree that by clicking “Signup”, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Zip.News (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Signup” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to Zip.News or Zip.News-branded apps (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services, such as our ads. Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Contract applies to both Members and Visitors.
You are entering into this Contract with Zip.News ApS (also referred to as “Zip.News”, “we” and “us”).
You are entering into this Contract with Zip.News ApS, CVR 39430355, a Danish registered company that will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
This Contract applies to Members and Visitors.
1.4 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Zip.News Service, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
We may make changes to the Contract.
2.1 Service Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age.” The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 18.
To use the Services, you agree that you will only have one Zip.News account, which must be in your real name; and you are not already restricted by Zip.News from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 18.
“Minimum Age” means 18 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Zip.News to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use, the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
You’ll honor your payment obligations and you are okay with us storing your payment information. You understand that there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
We don't guarantee refunds.
If you buy any of our paid Services (“Premium Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services. Also, you agree that:
• Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
• We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
• If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date.
• All of your purchases of Services are subject to Zip.News’ refund policy.
• We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
2.4 Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others. Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information to all of the Zip.News global community and search engines. The information can e.g. be news articles and blogs.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
3 Rights and Limits
3.1 Your License to Zip.News
You own all of the news articles, blogs and other content, feedback, and personal information (Content) you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it. This means that you must have written all news articles and blogs yourself to be the owner of this content. When you link to news articles and blogs, you will make sure that the author of the news article or blog is not omitted.
Be aware that all Zip.News content is available to anyone including content used for ads.
You are granting Zip.News and our affiliates (Affiliates are companies controlling, controlled by or under common control with us.) the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
1. You can have yourself omitted as author of Content by deleting such Content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
2. While we may edit and make format changes to your Content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
3. Because you own your Content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Zip.News, you agree that Zip.News can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Zip.News profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Zip.News may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted.
3.3 Other content, Sites and Apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk.
Others may offer their own products and services through our Services, and we aren’t responsible for those third-party activities.
Zip.New links to other sites by artificial intelligence, thus by using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Zip.News generally does not review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
Zip.News reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. Zip.News reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Zip.News believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Zip.News reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Zip.News, the Zip.News logo and other Zip.News trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zip.News.
3.6 Automated Processing
We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, generate user specific content, ads and features that may be useful or of interest to you. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4 Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, ZIP.NEWS AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT ZIP.NEWS WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, ZIP.NEWS AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT ZIP.NEWS WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF ZIP.NEWS AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT ZIP.NEWS WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND ZIP.NEWS AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF ZIP.NEWS OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Both you and Zip.News may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
• Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
• Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share news articles, blogs and other content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
• Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
• Any amounts owed by you prior to termination remain owed after termination.
6 Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, Zip.News and you agree to resolve it in Copenhagen City Court, Denmark using Danish Law.
7 General Terms
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Zip.News has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Zip.News may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8 Zip.News “Dos and Don’ts”
Zip.News is a community of people seeking more information of a better structure. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” limit what you can and cannot do on our Services.
You agree that you will:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
2. Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
3. Use your real name on your profile; and
4. Write Content in a decent, sober and polite manner.
You agree that you will not:
1. Create a false identity on Zip.News, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
2. Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
3. Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
4. Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Zip.News;
5. Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
6. Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
7. Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Zip.News, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “Zip.News” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
8. Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
9. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
10. Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Zip.News without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Zip.News trainer);
11. Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without Zip.News’s consent;
12. Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without Zip.News’s consent;
13. Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
14. Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
15. Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
16. Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
17. Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
9 How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or complain, please use this mail: firstname.lastname@example.org